How to make underlining of a command line disappear after an ordinary key press?

Hi all,

I am trying to write a widget, let me call it
"underline_cmdline_partially". Not very urprisingly,
its purpose is to underline a part of the command line.
It does so by calling something like
"""region_highlight=("$my_mbegin $MEND underline")""".
Now, if the next key pressed is an ordinary key - like
 "a" - I would like the partial underlining of the
command line to disappear.

Is there an easy way to achieve this e.g. by calling
"zle_highlight=(region:standout special:standout
isearch:underline)" - the default setting - in the
widget "underline_cmdline_partially"?

Thanks in advance,

Guido