Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: compiled completion files
- X-seq: zsh-users 14702
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: sergio <sergio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: compiled completion files
- Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 00:19:44 +0100
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=oP+HSg6U1LQBHXvSMl0unWQNcEoGpsMwxaVdKszA0Mk=; b=u4a/wqE5OZRCY3fGzjaqS1QhiBh/phX3hVrld7M4pJOizoLN4Au/UHO/jDclhy8QhT tg4gGUlIc15bm4Y649qZ5/vqNSgJ2YqhMB+/CY0AryWKUsXxesKDiU+MRvm4l31+uiat cF3YfpHgVFS7hAwIPtAx8AIh/Y5xSvcS8QFNU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=mKsuaR92dO+iXLyCHs7HkAD1ASmSM2hlEID3ibh8G0orzVhKV+XheL5KTRdWs33V0M 6X6G2quN65jaGDPURZR6yik221Ra3g8r77h/aIBZRu+f2S6FseuXH1QVwHVNdUKIxkET y2L6tFyYfcwzKNoqtWLNLftluj2j8EvxnVHik=
- In-reply-to: <20100105221854.GA2191@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20100105221854.GA2191@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2010/1/5 sergio <sergio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> May be this topic has already discussed, but I hadn't found this.
> Now completion system depends on non-compiled _* files. And I think that will be better to keep them compiled.
> I'd like to know developer's opinion about this.
> I could try to fix this, but I don't know where to store first line comment from this files.
> Moreover, I think that it will be better to compile all files in functions into functions.zwc. And do this in Makefile, and not in distributive side build scripts.
Not sure what you mean, if you compile the functions dir into
functions.zwc, that is used and the files in the functions dir are not
looked at. I've done this for years. It seems the files do need to
exist for the system to work, is that what you mean? I think only the
listing is used, strace reveals none of them are opened except
compaudit/init and a few more, but nothing while tabcompleting.
Messages sorted by: