Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: make zsh completion ergonomics closer to those of bash?
- X-seq: zsh-users 14795
- From: "Benjamin R. Haskell" <zsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Ian Clarke <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: make zsh completion ergonomics closer to those of bash?
- Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 23:31:02 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <823242bd1002031737m2f7f7852ifb1d9da63e198159@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <823242bd1002031303s325579e3x8333945d7b891e45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <843c889d1002031327k3332da79v9e0edc2520fa71dc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <823242bd1002031333i447cc89eye46c3f7eb2953647@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <alpine.LNX.2.01.1002031640090.2729@xxxxxxxxxxx> <823242bd1002031419g5ddfa7a0k3851d99970ab854c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <alpine.LNX.2.01.1002031730570.2729@xxxxxxxxxxx> <823242bd1002031617j566e119am1502ddadafc3fcb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <823242bd1002031737m2f7f7852ifb1d9da63e198159@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Ian Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Ian Clarke wrote:
> > I had some different settings, but now I get the same as you, but
> > the behavior isn't what I'm looking for:
> Just a note that I have all the same problems even when I start zsh
> with the "-fx" options (which I believe prevent it from reading its
> config files).
The 'x' in -fx enables XTRACE, which traces everything, but that should
get you a clean start. Maybe add the '+d' flag (zsh -f +d) which
disables global rc files. (I think only /etc/zshprofile can't be
One other possibility is to check your key bindings. I just noticed
that there are 'menu-complete' and 'menu-expand-or-complete' bindings.
$ bindkey | grep menu
If I first do:
$ bindkey '^I' menu-expand-or-complete
(^I is '<TAB>')
I get 'menu-complete' behavior regardless of the menucomplete setting.
Another (remote) possibility would be to check zstyle:
That shouldn't list anything in a clean install. Someone else can
correct me if I'm wrong, but some of the things you can set with styles
appear to involve menu completion.
Messages sorted by: