zsh completion input

Hi,

is it possible to change temporary the internal zsh completion list.

For example I have something like this in mind:

Suppose I have tfile1.pdf, tfile2.pdf and tfile3.pdf somewhere (not
necessarily in the same dictionary) on my hard drive.

The following doesn't work, but I think it makes clear what I want:

evince $(locate tfile | grep pdf)

then I want to be able to press TAB and select one one of the files
tfile1.pdf, tfile2.pdf, tfile3.pdf via menuselect.

Thanks
Michael