Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zfinit problem in ksh emulation mode
- X-seq: zsh-users 15203
- From: Jerry Rocteur <jerry.rocteur@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <Peter.Stephenson@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: zfinit problem in ksh emulation mode
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:43:20 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=6k1bjRGaUj2P4zusgrh1zFTYkro4gwG/fiN3SNtog3o=; b=t7QqV3elwJFIDBoAH1ASVm7VxnU1oyOtY7ti3h97DHAvyyLP8BnQ4TK3Eu0iT9dT5z O2flINlq4CqIbRMyiyL8ARbrTwzsh/5WVV8H0qO22hPdMquf7O1miKjG1TzToMqE5qY5 MwyRrSfrp73XTHE79GJzbX2gCPA0FeG1px9xA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=oCKjmuIfXnhVsLXqgNDm8XOAw+yIsymFzU6Pwin0LM3emkOjwaqPz7QTZmSc/Yt4ee SITYtxcvbwn9YWgTUfyqFJnZt6Ufev7mDo+GSAIVcYqnU+R62cSKt35maYEuWqK2WkXX XglQiu6rkobI6gCuZEMtyEqHawmxqXM+l+Jhg=
- In-reply-to: <20100728142944.7a7c2a94@xxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <AANLkTik1GPGh+erS9eHdjZBnZnsrFX7BiJVxWpo3G_Ud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20100728142944.7a7c2a94@xxxxxxx>
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 15:29, Peter Stephenson <Peter.Stephenson@xxxxxxx>wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:36:42 +0200
> Jerry Rocteur <jerry.rocteur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have a problem running zfinit in ksh emulation ( running zsh as a
> > link from /usr/bin/ksh )
> > When I try:
> > user@zambezi: autoload -U zfinit
> > user@zambezi: zfinit
> > zsh: zfinit: function not defined by file
> "autoload -Uz zfinit" is a better bet, to force zsh-style autoload.
> Unfortunately we're not very consistent about using those flags in the
> distributed functions, so while it'll probably run it might not do the
> trick with the other zftp functions since zfinit currently runs just
> "autoload -U ..." with the effects you've just seen. I'll apply a very
> boring patch that fixes up every autoload under Functions in the
> distribution, unless anybody knows of an exception (which would surprise
> Until then, you might want to modify zfinit by hand to replace all the
> "autoload -U"s with "autoload -Uz". After that you might be OK, since I
> was more successful with putting "emulate -L zsh" at the top of functions.
Thanks Peter, I can't change all the installation, I did try the -Uz zfinit
but then it failed with zfparams: function not defined.
I may be out of luck until they install an updated copy here!
> Is there some option I can set in my script so that when my script
> > runs as:
> > #!/usr/bin/ksh
> > That this will work ...
> The obvious one to try is "unsetopt kshautoload".
> I tried it but then when running zfinit I get:
zfinit:42: command not found: compctl
zfinit:50: command not found: compctl
zfinit:51: command not found: compctl
zfinit:52: command not found: compctl
zfinit:53: command not found: compctl
zfinit:58: command not found: compctl
zfinit:67: command not found: compctl
I can still write the scripts to run on my system but will have to wait for
a new version of zsh here before I can write production scripts
Thanks for the answer!
Messages sorted by: