Re: _screen calls non-existent program

On 2010-10-19 at 15:13 +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:52:25 +0200
> Sebastian Stark <seb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think it should be default, at least in the -X case, because in
> > this case -S is used to choose from existing sessions. (see my other
> > email).
>
> Might be easier to add it in all cases and assume the user knows what
> they're doing.  We do that kind of thing elsewhere.

There is a problem with some of the parsing at present, don't have time
to fix myself but I'll note it here.

{ screen -dr } is handled as any-sessions, but that's just option
bundling. { screen -d -r } is matching on detached-sessions, but should
be any-sessions.  The earlier -d is not changing the state, it's just an
assumption of bundling.

On a related note, "-x" is shown as taking attached-sessions.  In fact,
-x is a parameterless option, simply turning on multi-display mode
(multiple clients all connected to the same screen session, possibly on
different windows, but not necessary).  So { -x -r }, { -xr }, whatever,
they should all take any-sessions.

So if someone new to completion is encountering issues and wants to
explore, this is a good candidate to tackle, as you'd get to redo the
approach, not merely add or remove a line.

-Phil