Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: exit status problem
- X-seq: zsh-users 15627
- From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: exit status problem
- Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 20:09:12 +0100
- In-reply-to: <101206082142.ZM2316@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mail-followup-to: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20101203152438.GL1727@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20101203160916.42e78913@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20101204010313.GM1727@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <101204113617.ZM6156@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20101206112436.GN1727@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <101206082142.ZM2316@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2010-12-06 08:21:42 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Dec 6, 12:24pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> } and why do I get "ypig:~>" only after a window resize *and*
> } typing [Enter].
> If I poke something into RPS1 in a trap handler and then resize the
> window, I see the change from the trap as soon as the window is
> resized, not later after typing Enter. But my xterm sends a stream
> of SIGWINCH at the process underneath, it doesn't wait until I stop
> resizing and then send the signal once. Might that matter?
The *old* prompt is redisplayed when the window is resized, but
why not the new prompt (see below)?
> } If I do not resize the window, the prompt is not changed.
> There is something confusing about the screen shots you first sent.
> If those are in fact consecutive shots of the same terminal session,
> as they appear to be, then it also appears that your prompt was
> at 15:59:59 *after* the screen resize, and then was *overwritten* at
> 16:00:03 by
> after which at 16:00:37 the prompt with  returns. My question is,
> what happened between 15:59:59 and 16:00:03 that caused the prompt to be
> "updated in place"? If all you did was hit Enter, the new prompt should
> have appeared *below* the old one, not on top of it.
15:59:59 was the time the sleep process ended. When I resized the
window at 16:00:03, the prompt contents (as displayed) didn't change.
When I hit [Enter] at 16:00:37, the old prompt was replaced by the
new prompt contents (hence "ypig:~>" changed to "ypig:~>" and
15:59:59 changed to 16:00:03, which was the time of the resize).
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arénaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)
Messages sorted by: