Re: Package information for non-installed programs in ZSH

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 01:40:16PM +0200, Oliver Keszöcze wrote:

> Using BASH and Ubuntu I get messages such as
>
>     The program 'gcc' can be found in the following packages:
>      * gcc
>      * pentium-builder
>     Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
>
> if I try to run stuff I do not have currently installed. If I try the same
> using
> ZSH I get
>
>     zsh: correct 'gcc' to '_gcc' [nyae]? n
>     zsh: command not found: gcc
>
> Is there a way to get the BASH behaviour under ZSH? Is it a BASH feature
> anyway (might be some Ubuntu stuff)?

you have to include
/etc/zsh_command_not_found
in your zshrc, which is part of the command-not-found package ...

best regards

Sebastian Tramp

--
Sebastian Tramp - Department of Computer Science; University of Leipzig
WebID: http://sebastian.tramp.name  Tel. (Fax): +49 341 97 323-66 (-29)