locking failed for /home/whoever/.zhistory: no such file or directory

I'm using zsh 4.3.12-dev-1
Whenever I start zsh I always get the following message:
zsh: locking failed for /home/whoever/.zhistory: no such file or directory: reading anyway

and when I exit the shell I get:
zsh: locking failed for /home/whoever/.zhistory: no such file or directory

But the file .zhistory is present on my system, on /home/whoever and my
HOME is set to /home/whoever
I tried to delete and create .zhistory again, but it's no use.
On my .zshrc I have, among other things:

export HISTSIZE=200
export HISTFILE=~/.zhistory
export SAVEHIST=200

Many thanks in advance,