I am a file in the land of dirs and I want to dive ...

Hi,

sorry for the nonsense in the subject line.... ;)

I want to crc all the files of my harddisc.

I tried as root

    cd /
    zargs -- *(/) -- whirlpooldeep > /tmp/allfiles.crc.txt

which gaves me:

    zsh: no matches found: *(.)

OK...then recursively:

    cd /
    zargs -- *(/) -- whirlpooldeep > /tmp/allfiles.crc.txt

which gaves me:

    zsh: no matches found: **(.)

Interestingly both works when doing

    cd /tmp

instead of

    cd /

My / only contains directories, my /tmp contains directories and
files.

Why is it possible to dive into directories only if there are files
on the same level ???

Best regards and have a nice weekend!
mcc