Re: "Once-a-day" long delay before startup

On Aug 19, 10:36am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
} Subject: Re: "Once-a-day" long delay before startup
}
} That can be annoying. But I don't really understand. What if none
} of the concerned directories are group-writable? I suppose that
} getent should be useless. Why not calling it only when needed?

The test is written to find the directories that are both writable
and owned by the user/group in a single glob pass.  It comes down
to predicting whether two globs are slower than one getent, which
isn't practical.  But the test could be rewritten.