Custom Matching Groups

Hello,

How do I define custom matching groups (i. e. separate all the matches into
groups by certain criteria) and disable default ones? zshcompsys(1) manpage
says it is accomplished via "group-name" style, but when I add something
like:

zstyle ':completion:*:*:-command-:*:builtins' group-name 'built-in commands'
zstyle ':completion:*:*:-command-:*:commands' group-name 'external commands'

nothing changes. Even the group name does not change.

Actually the whole "group defining" thing is not clear to me. For example,
how do I remove a default group "reserved word" (I don't think I need it in
completion simply because these words are well-known and not so many of
them)? Or how do I define a combined "aliases/functions" group that would
contain both command aliases and shell functions I've defined. And as far
as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), there's even no such tag as "alias"...

Thanks a lot.