[OT] Emacs and zsh syntax

I find that (GNU) emacs' shell-script-mode doesn't fully understand
zsh syntax. Among other things, emacs considers everything following a
hash sign (#) a comment, which of course breaks when using globbing
flags etc. I guess I can live with the occasional wrong coloring, but
it's more annoying when it breaks indentation.

How are other people dealing with this? Are there any modifications
one can do to the emacs configuration, or any other workaround?