Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
compinit causes completion to fail?
- X-seq: zsh-users 17039
- From: TJ Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: compinit causes completion to fail?
- Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 01:21:20 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=date:from:to:message-id:subject:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=aFxLt3jLpRqlSTWR0djtb+Jd6rfbPva/6/Vl2kqgRk4=; b=Gd6ANumBj/hWgn7ln5rnXC0y50NCOHCkl3DwRYk+EbmKduXnBD7tJFsGTEFVEZIj3a w/kJrylKrt2O4hdHugx5s0zhMBFaS21gEaGV8lUCs2TKfirKaFdn3LuKYcn9BYyAzumz yDaHDXutT9hL6ISbtH8eb8rIi/VSjWIhbqXES+SGXmeYUhImkZKG/w0T1kD3C8RRNmbu nyQ7XFiVP18vpWURXls6++fvzKpZg15VD5cjO+Wyu9+XdOGMLedWJGaa8RvUjen9C73C ZKeb2tfb8wD3Y9K6sNYYNL6/EZYsqnRiRExnQxOvDVFcuR/S9Y5A8lGc31wGn1aFj5no DPMw==
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I split my .zshenv and .zshrc into several smaller files which are sourced separately, and now I've broken completion :-/
If I include these two lines in my zshenv file:
autoload -U compinit
then completion fails with this message:
_complete:117: command not found: _normal
and a ~/.zcompdump file is created 
but if I comment out those two lines:
#autoload -U compinit
then completion seems to work OK.
HOWEVER, if I remove my ~/.zshenv and all related ~/.z* files, and then use 'autoload -U compinit' and 'compinit' then it works fine, and the 'zcompdump' file looks better , which further solidifies my belief that the problem here is something I've done in my .zshenv files… but what?
Did I fail to load something before turning on compinit, or did I set something too early? Bindkeys, perhaps?
If you look at the 'zcompdump' file , specifically at line 117, it says:
bindkey '^[g" get-lin'
that looks wrong to me. In fact, ALL of the bindkey lines look like they have lost the last character.
This started immediately after I split my ~/.zshenv file into several different files. You can see them all here . This is using 4.3.11 on Mac OS X 10.7.3.
I have no idea what I've done here, but I'd appreciate any help.
Messages sorted by: