Re: Slow completion

* Bart Schaefer (Thu, 07 Mar 2013 08:04:45 -0800)
> I'm not a regular cygwin user (in fact it's probably been 15 years
since
> I even touched a box with cygwin, now that I think about it) so you'll
> have to (a) forgive any inaccuracies and (b) remind me how it is that
> "cadaver" gets into the "relative" completion list in the first place,
> since it is not a file on disk.

Not really sure about the "exe magic". I think Cygwin just adds it.
Windows requires the .exe extension for the file itself but not for the
invocation
(PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC)

> However, I think it's wrong to assert this is "inconsistent" completion.
> You're not completing the same thing.  I'm pretty sure "cada" is being
> completed for the "path-commands" group, while /usr/bin/cada is in the
> "executables" (executable file or directory) group.

Okay, I got it.

> It might be possible to get the effect of completion_strip_exe with a
> matcher style, something like (though I don't think this works)
>
>     zstyle ':completion:*:-command-:*' matcher \
>         'R:|.[eE][xX][eE]=.[eE][xX][eE]'

Doesn't work but thanks for trying.

Thorsten