Re: Duplicating TRANSIENT_RPROMPT for left PROPMT?

On Oct 29,  1:11pm, Jesse Hathaway wrote:
}
} I tried your solution but it doesn't work for me when I first start up a
} new shell. When I start up a new shell there is no POSTDISPLAY information,
} but when I then change into command mode the prompt appears.
}
} Does your code work for you when you first startup a shell?

Yes.

Are you sure you got this part?

    zle -N zle-line-init zle-keymap-select

You need to have both the zle-line-init and zle-keymap-select widgets
run the POSTDISPLAY assignment.  The easiest way if you don't already
have zle-line-init doing something else is to just bind them both to
the same function.

Perhaps something else that you're loading is clobbering this setup?
In which case you'll have to figure out a way to merge this into the
other use of zle-line-init that's being loaded later.

Are you missing the POSTDISPLAY only on shell startup, or every time
the first prompt is printed for a new command after the previous one
finishes?