Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: directory alias
- X-seq: zsh-users 18198
- From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: directory alias
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 02:25:06 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=vuloLseCCZPJhA/Wr9v87M8CW7HpFjZ5bbcFb4hMJGU=; b=GwHCUyo4JHl6NuBOkPfdFwz/36JoL9e9tkJXle3guItqrddq4jLZSDq59nu6QKIoXI +OWe7jHhuFrpodgs69BewNaOg6PlJ7TOZBjY0DC+cDJ7QWvPZxkYguRaA4IHw9OUXABH NJw3apu+RC9UOuDXF8JraC7iiegQF00o1RpgQPEpTBuxm1BWnGT3uZYKKyCagt3K/g+S HCdo1pn3AU53zjTYysKL1Oi4z+N+agBRuf7bWCbwRyqMCSoDRPuMv6+kSsFpQN+7rGoi 4MUTmIa3w5ySN/BAdL+5/acZ03Pjmeg9MF0OCxW12dDVu1S84QMVZ8ktURBvk/B6xH4N CXgA==
- In-reply-to: <20131204152517.GF2778@localhost.mi.fu-berlin.de>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAH_OBidDmzECfgLVcEUmRj2+bean+WjuBvgiPV6SoE9i0kPfKA@mail.gmail.com> <CADjGqHt4UZVd8DLLK5eHHKrDa-MM5=YQNA2jOynR4kLNbqOwfirstname.lastname@example.org> <20131204152517.GF2778@localhost.mi.fu-berlin.de>
Thank y'all for CDPATH - I didn't know about that and it's real cool.
However, after using it for a few days, I realize I want something
like command-t (vim) for the command line.
I just found two promising projects:
The later is probably not what I'm looking for (a wrapper around cd).
However, the former (fasd) is promising. It works with both bash and
zsh and works with other commands. It does not, however, seem to have
been maintained for the past year (and has newer issues).
I also need to look farther into zstyle. However, since I spend a good
portion of my day on boxes in accounts where I'd probably get shot (or
more like yelled at :) ) if i changed the shell to zsh, if I went that
route, I'd still want a solution for bash (sorta OT here, but a
concern none the less).
So, that's where I'm at. And again, thanks for the help.
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Christoph (Stucki) von Stuckrad
> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013, TJ Luoma wrote:
>> > I commonly cd into. What I want is a way to do:
>> > cd foo
>> > and it go to ~/some/deep/directory/tree/foo
>> > and
>> > cd bar
>> > and it go to /usr/local/some/path/bar
> IF all the dirs you "cd into" are different, simply
> mention all their parents in CDPATH=/.../...1:/.../...2:...:...
> and 'cd' will walk these until it finds the given dir.
> If you have names more than once, left to right will win.
> Christoph von Stuckrad * * |nickname |Mail <stucki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> \
> Freie Universitaet Berlin |/_*|'stucki' |Tel(Mo.,Mi.):+49 30 838-75 459|
> Mathematik & Informatik EDV |\ *|if online| (Di,Do,Fr):+49 30 77 39 6600|
> Takustr. 9 / 14195 Berlin * * |on IRCnet|Fax(home): +49 30 77 39 6601/
Messages sorted by: