Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Building Zsh: No terminal handling library found - But I installed ncourses
- X-seq: zsh-users 18706
- From: Josh Wasserstein <ribonucleico@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Building Zsh: No terminal handling library found - But I installed ncourses
- Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 14:43:13 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=Qw8rTa6L2RTfej1itaIBqUIsknSdHB7i0aGhW7pIzXU=; b=NRd93N34/pLZXV/5qss8UZOTHQl264GgNH/EdMM8gYcSJmqeI8rles3yVpijxG1Jab 73FEzXz4ms1riBrIH6H2TJMU3B7qd9ucnJSmL4PTV3LWecdpxKjZ7tYc9oRU3e93m1E+ ctwR0LUQ1ALfF657rmrcRTzifjpYHxiMAM7tWwkko9cZRDPChGrp45VBbqq56uElk7eE c/LkGDjodSfirggDHfSliuKyXCoQeF3WazXGuN7g7chvemIMBByYdM0r2Rf5r7xgbJBJ fQVRxLaLH4N2xTyRxkWPd4AI2lbPe2xlscuW20OupAbsTv7FWvKPLkPN+5OV+mWRi9IJ Amkw==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I am trying to install Zsh without root privileges on a Linux machine. I
downloaded the source tarball and run:
but then I got:
configure: error: "No terminal handling library was found on your system.
This is probably a library called curses or ncurses. You may need to
install a package called 'curses-devel' or 'ncurses-devel' on your system"
Since I am not root on this system, I downloaded ncurses and installed it
manually (also using ./configure --prefix=<my_installation_path>), which
seems to have gone well.
I then updated the following paths:
and tried installing Zsh again, but got the same ncurses error. As far as I
can tell, the path variables above point to the right locations, and I can
check this on the shell.
Why is Zsh not recognizing ncurses?
Note: A copy of this question was posted on the Unix & Linux StackExchange
Messages sorted by: