Re: killed zsh completion (cygwin)

zzapper <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:XnsA3A9B583A20FFdavidrayninfocouk@80.91.229.13:

> Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>

>> zsh -f
>> % source $^fpath/compaudit(N[1])
>>

> Drat it was just the old 'insecure directories' problem (Thanks BART)
>
> The following  seems to have fixed it:-
>
> chmod -R 755 /usr/share/zsh/
>

>  compaudit
> There are insecure directories:
> /usr/share/zsh/site-functions
> /usr/share/zsh/5.0.2/functions
> /usr/share/zsh
> /usr/share/zsh/5.0.2

Follow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9561759/why-cannot-chmod-in-
cygwin-on-windows-8-cp  (Robert's Solution)

or see below

Look up the group ID of the "Users" group in /etc/group (or the
equivalent group name for your locale).
In my installation this was 545, YMMV cat /etc/group|egrep '^Users:'
will get you the correct line. the third field on the line is the group
id. (cat /etc/group|egrep '^Users:'|cut -f3 -d':' to just get the id).

Edit your /etc/passwd file. Locate the record for your user. The 4th
field is the "primary group" for the user. It is incorrectly set to a
non-existent group. Change that number to the number you found in step 1
above. Save the etc password file.

Close any open cygwin windows/terminals and then open a new one. Create
a new file. It should have a group of "Users" and you should be able to
change it's permissions as desired.

--
zzapper
https://twitter.com/dailyzshtip