Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Terminology: Alt-Backspace doesn't work
- X-seq: zsh-users 19176
- From: Tassilo Horn <tsdh@xxxxxxx>
- To: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Terminology: Alt-Backspace doesn't work
- Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 22:05:32 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=x-sasl-enc:from:to:cc:subject:references :date:in-reply-to:message-id:mime-version:content-type; s= smtpout; bh=rXDYpTfI/W2p93f/kyE9Ro/FYj0=; b=QkIazGaahncvFBCBJloS khMNld2EkNR/kKqpgXzbaApLDzOqDHkcsPqNNYrixcwtm8tOF6iGGbA8n3xkRvwQ rr2cKawAnQeVvILkJ0S/U2ztXnXNOm0niPSwX/sr2VifDH4G/7/an/FgK6DWiBCA ESv9G35SmbBEwDF60jQ8fhQ=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (Oliver Kiddle's message of "Sun, 28 Sep 2014 11:35:58 +0200")
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> E.g., in urxvt or gnome-terminal, Alt-Backspace results in the shell
>> receiving the key "^[^?". In terminology, Alt-Backspace gives "^H"
>> (which is Control-Backspace with urxvt/gnome-terminal).
>> Is this a known issue or is there some config option that I need to
> It's a Terminology issue rather than a zsh one. Zsh only gets a ^H and
> has no further information.
> It may be that Terminology can be confiured: xterm lets you do that
> with X resources.
Um, how would I know? As far as I can see, there's not much
documentation available at its web page...
> Or you may find another key combination that can be configured:
> Alt-Left and Ctrl-W are common choices for that.
Yeah, sure. But since I'm used to Emacs, I'd prefer to keep the emacs
style key bindings in ZSH.
Messages sorted by: