Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: tab completion bug?
- X-seq: zsh-users 19275
- From: TJ Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: tab completion bug?
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:26:04 -0400
- Cc: Zsh-Users List <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; bh=j1/pQwF9fl3Lkv+4BZlgmrdqPIc2rnhH5wiN83hPK6M=; b=DM+0EFQYNUl8YWVsEv3x+y6vNNwv/wa70jfuRTj2IGG/dnF3PN7Yp+2y3UG9SCPqiN ijiAwiQ1z7aNbPm01WK8mwsVr70+Z613/clFIuwYBKucXL+rZzH7/Jz2D3by474rmBAf ovobYa701IurFM+9GUx4qGmYQmWOcPiMqrJJmAfC7t5aHg0xD1JE3/U8CHdy1qkMGTEj bQma7165CqrP3+uRdqypiqritPVL+f/FXv/PTHUUzO4HgaBBJRFA39H6Zgp2Nl4nUr2A ot0/U4+KrNzD4x44YMeV0R42X+IWW0FkgFgu5U23pR2V0U/B1QJh3p+0F8AO4Pa4k8xt /2uw==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CADjGqHubg=UK+0awfnrr48YFLRy1gPC+44q7GscMM0rADMmfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CADjGqHueO7-=ty3f8FcUTZ_8ESTOwJCqgWe+ZfSqpRBf3gQ+4Q@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Peter Stephenson
> echo /Users/luomat/Dropbox/sites/<TAB>
> produces sensible results?
I wanted to make sure I was testing exactly what you suggested, so I
did a copy/paste your command (not including the <TAB> of course)
and then pressed <tab> which gave me
pressing <tab> again gave me content of $sites/
SO, I went to ~/.zshrc and changed
and I can do:
and get the list of the directories as expected.
SOLUTION: Make sure that the variables/named directories are named
more precisely in ~/.zshrc
Note that the actual directory is named "Sites" and there is no
"sites" folder. The Mac OS X filesystem (HFS+) is "case preserving but
not case sensitive" (which I've always disliked, and now I have yet
another reason why).
I would still suggest that the original behavior which left me with
"cd $sites//Users/luomat/Dropbox/Sites/" is a zsh bug, but I will
leave that decision to those more qualified to answer.
Thanks for helping me figure this out!
Messages sorted by: