Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: What is considered minimum version of zsh?
- X-seq: zsh-users 19286
- From: Clint Hepner <clint.hepner@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zzapper <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: What is considered minimum version of zsh?
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:41:37 -0400
- Cc: "zsh-users@xxxxxxx" <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=28D3I4OaoNbF0TaF8oALvk49oGhd4McChMzAhdmi+tE=; b=vRsmzplQOOftKMp6rkcPksDlomZojb4bNaLT0zc9BRERLOSc9sJXqmJhF6m1O4hDLJ BKcDvpogw1fDlN0sIrhNkODFqco9N99SKaSBLCSQiftv024XvNufvSumNDOXixsqyEWs YEZZWWIZOUXNyRbtAivUzedew/3mwdlJ8bP5hN3AzEMR9Bke0pZeIIPleOQQ8orHMvI7 iM8zJhcvfUZAbkRVB5Ky+3Miob31erCKiZaCp80F/YIOh/6CKA9Kv8jtlLk0C69Px/FH fAdRULby2cG+7YjOgAUxio9p9xSkfm7egJK28XCHpSGyemD7JtxT9pGjYTkxEn9j9pSS rS3w==
- In-reply-to: <XnsA3D07AF7DE2A3davidrayninfocouk@188.8.131.52>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <XnsA3D07AF7DE2A3davidrayninfocouk@184.108.40.206>
That depends entirely on your requirements. The idea of a minimum version only applies to dependencies, where product A requires version X or later of product B to work properly. In this scenario, *you* are product A; nobody else can say what version of zsh you require to function properly.
> On Oct 24, 2014, at 7:05 AM, zzapper <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was using I believe version v4.2.6 on Centos 5 and found that some
> essential feature was missing. Yum didnt have an upgrade . In the end it
> was easy enough to download a newer version and Make it.
> But if you cant have the latest version what is your minimum version?
> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
Messages sorted by: