Re: command name '-'

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 18:38:22 +0000
Daniel <quite@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ah, I understand. And thanks for the info on disabling it, it's not obvious
> from reading under "disable" under SHELL BUILTIN COMMANDS in man
> zshbuiltins.

If you mean the problem with quoting the '-', it's generic to builins
(and not just builtins) so it's described at the top of that section.

   All  builtin  commands other than precommand modifiers, even those that
   have no options, can be given the argument  `--'  to  terminate  option
   processing.   This  indicates  that  the following words are non-option
   arguments, but is otherwise ignored.  This is  useful  in  cases  where
   arguments  to  the command may begin with `-'.  For historical reasons,
   most builtin commands also recognize a single `-' in  a  separate  word
   for  this  purpose;  note  that this is less standard and use of `-- is
   recommended.

pws