Consider the following:

% zsh -f
% autoload compinit && compinit
% setopt globcomplete
% find
.
% mkdir -p {bar,baz}/iota
% cat b/i<TAB>
[cycles between 'cat ba<CURSOR>/iota', 'cat bar/iota/', 'cat baz/iota/']

The above works as expected.  However, if the directory names are
different, completion behaves differently:

% rm -rf bar baz
% mkdir -p {10a,11a}/iota
% cat 1/i<CURSOR>
[press <TAB>]
% cat 1<CURSOR>a/iota
[press <TAB>]
% cat 1a/iota<CURSOR>
[stays the same upon pressing TAB]

I expected the second <TAB> press to offer me the possible completions
'10a' '11a'.  I'd at least like not to be left with "1a/iota<CURSOR>"
since "1a" is not a possible completion or an existent directory, and
with the cursor far from the "1a" fixing the erroneous path requires too
much effort ;).

Cheers,

Daniel