Re: string to array space problem in filenames

On 08/27/2015 08:15 PM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:05 AM, Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You forgot to include your code in the mail.

At this point I'm hoping for a generic answer. Directory strings, separated by spaces, are written to a file, which is then read into an array and passed to 'select', but I need to protect spaces inside directory names. I expect the place to do it is here:

   echo -n " $PWD" >>! ~/.mydirstack;

... where I save the current directory. Somehow I need to protect any spaces in $PWD, and I'm sure it's easy if I could only remember how. I keep forgetting these simple things.