Re: FYPI zsh 5.1.1 (cygwin) broke my .zshrc

On Nov 7,  2:25pm, zzapper wrote:
}
} /home/win7pc/.zshrc:7564: parse error near `}'
} (I only have 3040 lines)

That's a little odd -- I'd tend to suspect that lineno is not getting
reset when the parser scans back and forth over (( expressions to
decide whether they are math or subshells.

} Turned out I'd inadvertently defined a few functions without the ()
} parenthesis

That should be perfectly valid syntax, which makes me suspect something
else is going awry that is accidentally fixed by introducing an additional
close-paren.  It'd be instructive to look at "setopt verbose" or perhaps
"setopt xtrace" output of the failing .zshrc, or you can try gradually
removing bits of that .zshrc until you find the specific thing that's
going wrong.