Re: Zle hooks besides zle-line-init, zle-line-finish, paste-insert

On Feb 4, 11:22am, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
}
} Thanks I missed this because after finding first "zle-line-init", I
} then always followed to look for "hook" keyword :S And there is no
} paste-insert there at all, curious.

Generally speaking the hooks are for things that don't already involve
direct widget actions.  If there's already a widget for something, e.g.
bracketed-paste, you are expected to just redefine the widget.  It's
true that this isn't as flexible as, say, emacs "advice", because it
is difficult for multiple different applications to co-opt the same
widgets.

Detecting pastes at all in the shell is a tricky business.