Re: git-subtree completions

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Jordan Klassen <jordan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I need feedback on it, and if it's better to submit a patch via `git
> send-email` let me know.

Generally speaking, yes, you should send a patch to zsh-workers.

> In particular, is there an easy way to test this
> without actually compiling zsh?

Since the diff is to a script file, yes.  You just need to change the
$fpath array to list the directory containing your edited file ahead
of the directory containing the un-edited copy, before the first time
you attempt to complete after "git".

> How do I fix my `THIS_IS_A_HACK` issue?

I'm not sure what that's meant to accomplish?  As far as I can tell
using a pattern that won't match anything should be the same as
leaving out the -A entirely.

> And code review in general.

There are others better qualified than me to critique changes to the
git completion ...