Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
[vi-mode] widgets for case manipulation: `gU` and `U` in visual mode
- X-seq: zsh-users 21688
- From: Filipe Silva <filipe.silva@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: [vi-mode] widgets for case manipulation: `gU` and `U` in visual mode
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 15:51:36 -0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=UGpFi3iJbH5gtZ8AgOVwJjZCefpeLbvvi1dw6dHrjbg=; b=oXJc/pqvbb4F986ZOz6w5qp8INIhhyxltfRmP6F1VVSeDtlFdeVUaCok+oQckybfLj oCSckro80sPipUWdaysVWihz98Yp97t1eXrHaXXvwizOGDWXmrd2F96FDsoPVDU9fPZR I6dv9nS3ylNnqD/BYQ6bKwKqrQODElRxm6Wdxep4RpMnOtc4nGbNkxgVtzmVeFXCcrNZ 207/V7vzf38NmekKqyiAQV8eeBACghy2nKB7WTuJnc6wyQUMtHjKQhO0fleySogRBoZt nwnZIOi8H7L2SXLQdwKtuAEyedfbzizYmX481Mi87Z2//p3STVFOJyJhuROMivBG6Uii h1eA==
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
Hi good people,
I reckon there's already a widget for the `g~` action in zle.
I'm using zsh 5.0.8.
I read the zshzle manual and did not find a widget that would give me the
behaviour of `gU` (capitalize action)
for example: for the word "path_variable", with the cursor on the `v`, gUiW
would change the world to "PATH_VARIABLE", and so on and so forth.
the widget `capitalize-word` does not seem to work like that.
I also found that the key `U` in visual mode does not capitalize the
visually selected text/region. I did not find a widget in the manual that
would give me the desired behaviour either.
Is this a matter of writing a custom widget, or would one have to submit a
patch upstream with c code changes? I'm asking this because 5.0.8
introduced text objects and that was done via c code changes and not via
widgets. And writing custom widgets seems to be less difficult.
Thanks in advance.
Messages sorted by: