Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: ZSH display raw keycodes for ¡ and ¿ spanish characters
- X-seq: zsh-users 21811
- From: José García Juanino <jjuanino@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: ZSH display raw keycodes for ¡ and ¿ spanish characters
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:19:56 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-transfer-encoding; bh=j4OcmP6sYvE8Mg5mI8UpYpG1ElUxg5KX7qmhJ5LTBtQ=; b=FxsLRq053gr2m/kLBBEfo8RLmj/qtLTp45SN4gGQcHEYbFyJb0GoM6G+BTr32QysX5 6BSTjynkK87N9ECuKGXzA1QBzM6EkvckXZZWLtNMW4MlCsCJVWZxbFcMB8w/tEsdT/+z I60i9DBoYuGjoeNJCTR9fZ/qJ+pXOua/mtxPpw+R73SDCyfY10HZNuXNNQXUx5ejX9mZ VeriIM+9cMPUhjJgSrki8rLj8w1eg5HfCdlTT9DY7V8glNz/tg0ufPHIHQJWCFoptiqR tj8uw9cchj0Gt/8lQ1AxZIwQ6+49BrFDsWK4HY/JhqOrx0p53Na8YlNyAgiOIjIvwwSS 80bw==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAAVO5+J3qiYOhp7ndDYXDRwh-OWEAkaXy_jM2ggjCfeq0ERTSw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 28 July 2016 at 16:17, Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 23:36:39 +0200
> José García Juanino <jjuanino@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> after doing an upgrade of my FreeBSD operating system, zsh no longer
>> display properly the followings spanish characters: ¡ and ¿. I do not
>> know if this annoying issue is FreeBSD specific.
>> See the following screenshot:
>> When you type the '¡', I would expect that symbol in the interactive
>> shell, instead of '<00a1>' output.
>> Any comment or advice will be welcome, and sorry my poor english. Best regards
> zsh uses the system library to determine what's a printable character.
> The most likely thing is a mismatch between the terminal input and the
> display. The <00a1> indicates the character being input is probably
> correct as that's the charater you want in ISO Latin and Unicode.
> Possibly the LANG environment variable isn't set correctly. I'm
> guessing it should be es_??.UTF-8 e.g. es_ES.UTF-8 for some variant of
> Spanish. It's also possible the terminal isn't using the right
> encoding, which you might be able to check in the terminal's
> configuration, e.g. Terminal -> Set Character Encoding in
Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the delay of my response.
The locales are aligned with my terminal. I use LANG=es_ES.ISO8859-15
and mrxrvt as terminal.
Doing a further research I have found a workaround: disable-multibye
in configure. But it is not a zsh fault, as multibyte was enabled in
the previous FreeBSD release (10.3) and worked fine. I think that the
upgrade of ncurses has triggered the issue, but I do not know exactly
how. And I have discovered that other tools are affected also, as mutt
pager: now display the "¡" character as raw code. Both tools (zsh and
mutt) are linked with the same library: ncursesw.so.8.
Messages sorted by: