Re: Shift-Insert overwrites ZLE CUTBUFFER

On Oct 27, 12:12am, lolilolicon wrote:
}
} I assumed the kill ring was used for implementation convenience.
} If this was a deliberate design decision, I don't understand how this
} is desirable to the user.

It's common behavior of GUI / windowing editors, i.e., if you cut/paste
text into GNU Emacs the text is placed in the cut buffer.  (In fact in
emacs' GUI it's in the cut buffer as soon as you cut from the source,
so you can immediately yank it, but that can't happen with an app in
a text terminal.)

} This doesn't seem to be documented, so I think it's OK to change it.

Good point that it should be documented.  It's mentioned under the
YANK_* variables in "man zle" but not explicitly spelled out under the
description of the widget.

--
Barton E. Schaefer