Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: regression: zsh completion stopped working after upgrading zsh 5.2=>5.3
- X-seq: zsh-users 22289
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Timothee Cour <timothee.cour2@xxxxxxxxx>, zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: regression: zsh completion stopped working after upgrading zsh 5.2=>5.3
- Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 10:53:42 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=0qv5B9wVcxwclm8nrBZ/Q7mcy/FNutlId132w709NQQ=; b=ESvQ3JF7bruKoYU0weGPW4MB6AgzkAokZkqKD3wXe/YMAacrPa9XRPNFjO08o1VHAD daaDf54+KcYM0lRRr6SeBl7oy/cRxwpXUis40mLlKfrp5Dg4upqRPZgbv9Ec1LbdK7FT n/tMIJAGO7NyfACQAXdjZNY3879WbPzmlz0jX0it2mweGELB7oX8UZcFO+xw51H89Zxx WVX4UPnp1657FAVivBspIrh7OHyWF279uDoqjnCVs7F1d9ow3L10b2YqJXdX3GvELz8q iotPoo2IOPMtkkc74HlrQY+cUNgLV3W/BKgxzMH2zFBvI0WLtra2By60oLHcLfJzxpaG 6O8Q==
- In-reply-to: <CAM4j=kOb-W_Oj5K5MoMS78Wn4pN=C2kbcPwzXaKv+cZcpwBR=A@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAM4j=kOb-W_Oj5K5MoMS78Wn4pN=C2kbcPwzXaKv+cZcpwBR=A@mail.gmail.com>
On Dec 27, 1:10pm, Timothee Cour wrote:
} See https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-completions/issues/480 for details
Thanks for the report.
Essentially, it was a bug that having ERR_RETURN set *ever* worked.
There are a whole lot of commands in the completion system, mostly
"zstyle" where the success or failure isn't consequential, that are
run in contexts where they might return nonzero and trigger ERR_EXIT.
The bug, fixed October 15 of 2016, was that ERR_RETURN was ignored in
some cases where ERR_EXIT was not.
You can fix this easily in your .zshrc by adding
after you run compinit.
(Also, just to reply to your comment about going back to the 80s: No,
we don't require you to sign up for the mailing list in order to send
us bug reports here. But I would have to sign up for github to reply
to your comment there, so ...)
(Volunteers willing to spend time watching and updating a bug tracker
are welcome to apply for the position.)
Messages sorted by: