Re: regression: zsh completion stopped working after upgrading zsh 5.2=>5.3

On Dec 27,  1:10pm, Timothee Cour wrote:
}
} See https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-completions/issues/480 for details

Thanks for the report.

Essentially, it was a bug that having ERR_RETURN set *ever* worked.
There are a whole lot of commands in the completion system, mostly
"zstyle" where the success or failure isn't consequential, that are
run in contexts where they might return nonzero and trigger ERR_EXIT.

The bug, fixed October 15 of 2016, was that ERR_RETURN was ignored in
some cases where ERR_EXIT was not.

You can fix this easily in your .zshrc by adding

_comp_options+=(NO_err_return)

after you run compinit.

(Also, just to reply to your comment about going back to the 80s:  No,
we don't require you to sign up for the mailing list in order to send
us bug reports here.  But I would have to sign up for github to reply
to your comment there, so ...)

(Volunteers willing to spend time watching and updating a bug tracker
are welcome to apply for the position.)