Re: append to history entry?

On 28/12/16 10:22 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
what those tokens mean.  History is thus connected more closely to
the line editor than to the command execution engine.

Whatever, I can't comment on the stage, I only say that at some point the
string  is literal.

Read up on the "trap" command with the DEBUG pseudo-signal, and the
ZSH_DEBUG_CMD variable, which is the closest thing there is to what
you are imagining.

The zshaddhistory hook is where you get at the literal input string.

Ok, I'll see what I can figure out.