Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: command not found: _arguments
- X-seq: zsh-users 22703
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "zsh-users@xxxxxxx" <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: command not found: _arguments
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 15:21:08 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=JgVgzNcJXCmpX124iAbPUAg+6/R/hFNelqjpLHaSj1s=; b=xoI0kHc6yyuQ+5MfXycR/3ciplQXtq+suR8Ma+Lvz9T+QrToBWlfob3vE9lP2t0abF Ip5km+ec7v3oDC8ydEHc4/xhn05m9oeDrmRDcUxqmmZ8HIhoBOPx8v5KUf97kFaZQ0as diXBvZJaeINZSMDmd76w37XKC5QQf+iK49kctolvV/iqP6VfTUHFPfO7Fwccm6Iy8gW9 mz1btjzK2pMKxzFZkY3x4OUTq9oe/HbH8s9aIVbgIWHMynPdToOqmJKVBldPSjE+8lQS J1Cj77MvTt/71C+Afo4iVK3U6WWAjasoDRlmpYl5RI0fiHcqW06gQ+aNqEohL18M7Y51 ytmw==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <fab5e29a-5909-4918-a480-a51ac7286550@Spark> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On May 17, 10:46pm, Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX) wrote:
} 17.05.2017, 22:09, "Guilherme Furtado Pacheco" <guilherme.f.pacheco@xxxxxxxxx>:
} > I'm having trouble with completions for some commands.
} I get similar problems after zsh update.
If this were only an fpath problem, the error would more likely be
zsh: _arguments: function definition file not found
Since it is "command not found" it means that some of the completion
functions are not being found by compinit. Either compinit needs to be
re-run with the corrected fpath, or more likely the ~/.zcompdump file
has been incorrectly populated.
and then try starting up your shell again. If the error persists, you
have somehow acquired a version mismatch between the zsh binary that is
being run and the functions library that has been installed.
What is the value of $SHELL in a shell where completion works compared
to one where it does not?
Messages sorted by: