Re: status of the cssh autocompletion

On Mon, 22 May 2017 15:53:09 +0200
Thomas Kupper <thomas.kupper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I recently switched to zsh from bash and miss the more complete
> autocompletion for cssh. Even google didn't show any user which modified
> or extended the _cssh file.
>
> Is there a specify reason for it? Do I miss the obvious?
>
> Now I created an extend (but not yet finished) autocompletion. Is there an
> interest to include that into the upstream zsh? What would be the process.

There will almost certainly be no other reason than that nobody else has
produced an update yet.

For a few completions, the developers of the utility supply their own
versions of the completion function in their distribution, which allows
them to match the completion to the version of their firmware.  But this
is a rare case, and usually when that happens the more limited on in the
zsh distribution would be deleted.

For everything else --- simply send a patch to update the function(s) to
the zsh-workers@xxxxxxx list and we'll gladly add it to the distribution.

pws