Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Completion: setting up _approximate.
- X-seq: zsh-users 22770
- From: Kamil <crs@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Completion: setting up _approximate.
- Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 07:30:35 +0300
- Cc: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=wafel-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=date:from:to:cc:subject:message-id:references:mime-version :content-disposition:in-reply-to:user-agent; bh=zap//9YI/EFjCju17Aq+4qd55CoydHUSc21KTmN+TLU=; b=LesztO848aBwtZYSa2h1CzhZWIm982gEfwig5UNkIGWjjhIr+5ZuvoIQAsyJgCzoP7 nT9dGKNic6tg2Vfy5/jOird56tWtRMVm41YVhvDlw/sw2HsQHKbRC32jxAHkHBdoV5sG ekoYKXqEUlzE8A6EwKSrCobHA8SLg8/A94TE3028YgRvw5scQU59GkgRIoO1rnwmGLrk L4t//IXjhvrcTM+ZTYjwCZUE47ppYno6ZGuDDtfGUy06ceGCfhlW4rWD/29KEGyJnJlQ 9y1EEUWRumSsa+mz2k+GsA2cUWoVSxh7zjCREghXauC/T7o/8IKQUs0nmISX+PKjvU/v 74Gw==
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7YUOO0efSUgoZqxaYHE3MY6_71Nghz8Bsr18eE1UJMBbA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20170707091759.6m5vfr4qwesmumi5@calculator> <CAH+w=7YUOO0efSUgoZqxaYHE3MY6_71Nghz8Bsr18eE1UJMBbA@mail.gmail.com>
On 08/07/17 14:24, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> You haven't said what version of zsh you are using, that may be
thanks for your response.
I am on zsh 5.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.6.0), as you can see this is on
>> completed to:
>> /Volumes/Media/Series/Fargo/Season\ 03
>> What I am getting instead is:
Should have said that all but last parts are matched correctly: I get it
expanded to: /Volumes/Media/Series/Fargo/Season\ 01/ with menu printed.
> Those choices are obviously coming from _approximate, so the first
> thing to try is to remove that from your completer style and see what
> you get.
No matches found, when I remove _approximate from completer list.
(that's my format for warnings)
> _match should be doing nothing because there are no patterns in your
> initial string, but both it and _approximate should be called only
> when _complete returns nonzero.
I tried /v/m/s/f/S3, still completes to Season\ 01.
But /v/m/s/f/S*3 and /v/m/s/f/*3 works fine so I assume _match is doing
its job properly.
> Please confirm that you're completing this in command position, for
> use with autocd.
Correct, /v/m/s/f/3 is the only string in buffer. I also tried with cd
command, with same results.
>> I was trying to configure matcher-list but couldn't figure out how to
>> make that work.
> There's nothing inherently wrong with the matcher-list that you showed
Reverted to my previous:
zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list \
'r:|[._-]=* r:|=*' \
as I was getting some issues with the other one. Just letting you know
in case it actually changes anything.
Messages sorted by: