Re: Complete certain external commands separately by path?

Actually, i think someone on IRC has pointed me in the right direction.

Here's my take on their suggestion, applied to my example above:

# Put a `commands-bin2` tag ahead of the regular `commands` one
zstyle ':completion:*:-command-:*' tag-order 'commands:-bin2:favoured\
external\ command commands *'

# Have `commands-bin2` ignore any command whose hashed path does NOT match
`/bin2/*`
zstyle ':completion:*:-command-:*:commands-bin2' ignored-patterns
"^(${(kj<|>)commands[(R)/bin2/*]})"

# Optionally, have `commands` ignore any command whose hashed path DOES
match `/bin2/*`
# (otherwise they'll appear in both groups — matter of preference)
zstyle ':completion:*:-command-:*:commands' ignored-patterns
"(${(kj<|>)commands[(R)/bin2/*]})"

If you can think of anything wrong with this method please let me know.
Otherwise it seems to work so far!

dana