Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zle kill-region without mark consider start of line as mark
- X-seq: zsh-users 22978
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: zle kill-region without mark consider start of line as mark
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 11:24:37 +0000
- Cms-type: 201P
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mailout1.w1.samsung.com 20171115112442euoutp01c86099d9bca4273c09eca5a7b41d754b~3PqXmEPr-1498714987euoutp01H
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=samsung.com; s=mail20170921; t=1510745082; bh=2pgm8gdvSFBR/rewjjOivI1Kl836SicHEeyeoY2wAXE=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:In-reply-to:References:From; b=es8ZIa/meXmU8DmgR9gBxdDAxgaG6iD6X9HXcvDoTXmeiR/1ygSasvwqIeKTCkE73 3N589BH3rPOn5S0NETkA4AnJkRmhneyaH9HU5V/lTJVSR2VOix3Y+pl+yZDhMFn7y4 Y+LBEQkAUhHWsYwInp4OoWz3GhO9hxJ3nQpXyIrg=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre
- References: <CGME20171115104211epcas1p297804141d5350c2100e76f849759952d@epcas1p2.samsung.com> <email@example.com>
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 11:40:34 +0100
Hadrien Lacour <hadrien.lacour@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have `bindkey -M emacs '^W' kill-region` in my zshrc and using it without
> having set any mark will cut from the beginning of the line to the cursor.
> I've tried to read zle's doc but found no mention of this behaviour.
> Any idea about what's happening and how to do nothing if the mark isn't set?
Internally, there is actually no notion of the mark not being set ---
it's simply initialised to zero, and moved when ask it to be set.
Therefore, if you try and use it, it appears as if it's at the start of
The documentation doesn't make this explicit. It could do with
mentioning the default state.
Messages sorted by: