Re: A guide to code Zsh natively, without external tools

On 12/20/2017 05:01 AM, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:

> But one more thing decided. Microsoft opened PowerShell 1.5 year ago. It now runs on Linux and OS X. My thinking is management of reality, not going into paranoid state and the point is that there's some probability that PowerShell with its piping of objects etc. will make other shells end up like it happened with e.g. Nokia or Blackberry. Bad quality of Zsh scripts created by users might take part in this.

Its useful for people already heavily invested into powershell to have other machines more interoperability,
but not much else; that is quite possibly why it took you 1.5 years to notice it.

Kinda like cygwin was released 20+ years ago yet the "UNIX"-way didn't take windows by storm.

For shell scripting in general, you could argue that has already happened with the proliferation
of stuff like python; especially in the world of linux.