Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Zsh requires Bash? 2002 revisited
- X-seq: zsh-users 23048
- From: Jim <linux.tech.guy@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Zsh requires Bash? 2002 revisited
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 07:47:04 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=NwUpvUBy0AlSxErq5JkyasOvBEKpLs2gYdRW7ee6130=; b=Rem5OYTadUU2VgtxaRP4+ontrpJgq88JjI7Zi/ZWU9QPbHnfDhkdg7aUZoyf07E4E0 MzmR9tZUXsAc3td1OffTaLmTHysEDP6VzRdCRsmIFcLjBrloQYesEI3SG8vu1jl8c0LM EYW9CtmwBIsPNFDZj+8Mzod6kzpAXe0UB1NkX8Svo8A2GZ6BH579S/Hp11RppL+mRoOw v7E5uXEhVrh6B7G6TzR3RPG5SYaCM3qPmZwA5z1uFmaHw50V+V3YM54HAR+zyWPZopzv AJyh/SON20KBydYivk17QfJ0FWdHODEHmDi5SLu+lPjFHGlf14CWthQCu8yso++Umuzf zE2g==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Reply-to: linuxtechguy@xxxxxxxxx
After having to rebuild my system, I was unable to build zsh from
source. Web searches were getting me no where. Checking man
pages, guide, faq, and anything else I could think of reading, again
nothing. Since I have another life, besides zsh, I would come back
to this as time permitted. I finally found from the 2002 archives:
http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2002/msg00924.html Bart's reply.
Not exactly the same as back in 2002, but it was the key for me.
I had been testing different shells to be used as the default "sh" on
my system. The last one I was testing before starting zsh builds
was "posh". Out of the six shells(bash,dash,ksh,mksh,posh,zsh) I
have installed, posh is the only shell that fails in the same way as
described in the archives. Bad luck? Murphy's Law?
Not sure what can or should be done. I thought I would at least
report it. I just wish it had been easier to find.
Messages sorted by: