Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Dynamic named directories and completion
- X-seq: zsh-users 23172
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Dynamic named directories and completion
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 14:47:26 +0000
- Cms-type: 201P
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mailout2.w1.samsung.com 20180226144730euoutp02a2487c39c906d5dd13cc734d945b2171~W5314J-Ee0992609926euoutp02p
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=samsung.com; s=mail20170921; t=1519656450; bh=1ZPVdPEIZjB2Zkz/hBwpti1F4bRTqHOqa5MPGMbbuxc=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:In-reply-to:References:From; b=a9sFv7cbAUu+Gau+CYGbipcunTsXMqRPPr8omxKK+RsoVT7flW5NtJ2FzLAJ6SnNn bBZH7Obr+jLXZksgCFx/JWdgu/dGsRCGtjSkOjvs5JEChPF+5aM+F9K9Jg/LgPFdPg bhynNQql5zjPWE7WQ8gLGsc51CwTn4qiDurRGdvo=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CGME20180226135458epcas2p2a2420b54f4d0a36357a655e31497ec85@epcas2p2.samsung.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:53:00 -0500
Scott Frazer <frazer.scott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, M-x complete-word does indeed work! I still need to try some of the
> patches from later in this thread ...
Glad it's not totally shrouded in obscurity...
Would generally recommend the combination of complete-word as binding
for tab + use of the expand completer (which I fixed somewhere else in
this thread but am still to commit) as this is much more configurable.
To turn it on you'd do something like
zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete _ignored
bindkey '^i' complete-word
but there are many more exotic possibilities.
I'll have a look at expand-or-complete word, too.
(Ideally, in fact, whether or not we expand ~[whatever] needs
configuring --- because this is dynamic completion you might decide to
expand it to freeze the path for future use. I'll look at that if I get
the chance. This is the sort of reason for using the expand completer
I'm talking about.)
Messages sorted by: