Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
alias of completion
- X-seq: zsh-users 23192
- From: Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: alias of completion
- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:31:57 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=4jMRXIgUOPVxpDsHRofgQjHqMfYFJ1LhQJ7Ps6NrgbQ=; b=rllK9vYDGOxnJCiV9qxL06dCjRyU1D1hsJnxeB1JbvFQd91xn/9AbljJDT02yDcXm+ JPV80Crvv+pLCfQV1lq39pbal9VKx6tMU4uHamXSN6S6dDZnz5OZlDUb5mKCM4wYlxX0 Q/cmcSyyoh0T8YJtDQY1k2z43y/JdJ7pvTnel6otA0118xIqjEVezJNJ2JKFZ8Tq12lt KJBqcR+GfrRZOAUHynFKdzKM4aXgKgwV0WufXtQH2pA1Xj68t7Yucq10X7sXFuO1i3ds Em8aPZD90IhzFQpiDjzINIejQlDtz6ey8QBN+wH+DJtJMbcsM6K8eepQHXBHWsQcwkBL w6TQ==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
Hello guys, I just joined the list but I have been a zsh enthusiast for 15
years and since I discovered it it's always been the best work enviroment I
One thing I was never been able to accomplish though, is: what if I want a
custom function, say:
behave, for completion's sake, like, let's say:
so that if I try to complete after
I get the same suggestion that I would get after docker ls, and if I have
mydockerwrapper xx <TAB>
I get the same completion that I would get after docker ls xx, and so on.
-what I tried-
I know that the completion function for the docker command is _docker, and
that I could associate my function to this completion function with
compdef _docker mydockerwrapper
but it doesn't seem possibile to pass one default argument to the
completion function in this way.
So I tried defining my own completion function, and add one argument and
pass it to the _docker function, but I got stuck on this one.
I'm sure this must be very easy to do in zsh, I just can't figure out how..
maybe someone can help me out?
thanks, happy coding everyone!
Pier Paolo Grassi
Messages sorted by: