Re: Colorful new fast-syntax-highlighting

On 28 May 2018 at 16:09, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov <zsh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think Zsh doesn't support truecolor internally.
> Doesn't that: https://i.imgur.com/FDFf8jn.png mean it does?

It's rather a user-end use of true color escape codes, than Zshell's
automatic coloring via region_highlight or complist module.

>> The color names or numbers are used in region_highlight array in strings
>> like "fg=110,bold" and here there is no way to specify 24 bit color value.
>
> Yup, that's what I talk about: it would be nice to have an ability to specify
> them. Although, I even agree on some shell env file with [magic] definitions
> instead of ini to make it work at least in my dotfiles.

The ini is my own invention for fast-syntax-highlighting, directly it
has nothing to do with Zshell's region_highlight.

True color is a great thing, I hope someone will start recognition if
it's possible with Zshell.

> Yup, there was some problem about truecolor in ncurses, but since 6.0.20180121
> (or, probably, a bit earlier, since I use that in neovim-under-tmux for a long
> time already) it does support truecolor through terminfo's `Tc` (AFAIRC)
> capability.

That's great news, I hoped that hacking is limitless and a way around
color pair numbers and definitions will be found. Do you know how was
ncurses API adapted for this true-color support?

--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski