Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Colorful new fast-syntax-highlighting
- X-seq: zsh-users 23410
- From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <zsh@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Colorful new fast-syntax-highlighting
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 17:53:22 +0200
- Cc: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=d+dE5cgfR6oEhpu4Rc2dSM0Wi90GAmTkhhF8BadogX4=; b=K/Ot+4ac9253rH81x1OlfoJgin5yzA+AxH3higWYSWI9S0zC5cWw7mgyySYTtAUt7+ /CP3Q5dzIlrdvQ7mTTdLQ1qjSNrO2NmERUQZUz2TqfDRfG0WO6eCpDD2OyMeyy2unPQB lhMj5Y/o79nJ6Ivi4OxmD1pdCjOKTmRY8TL1HIASlVkcuw4BuwXBkHk90RdXfMcZx1Jf IdaYbJYJFaRbHyXahgKmmLkmdAs59ThdfnisHaW3NTLjg18CBlYk/6X736M000K2gCDv GmCCwndCSb/+2qgq9ezP8b2O1okQ94hTzbcAazbBKlHBsTr94TKBATjnDSbT6v/ln6+H x8Qw==
- In-reply-to: <5267303.ZErKGfsyxT@tp>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAKc7PVCSikOF8m1J7ySwStRuR_j5Uf_hb=q9aDAS9eWP4EfQEQ@mail.gmail.com> <2520527.qaVKfP2GYF@tp> <CAKc7PVDcy2FZOcWFayXLYQ0Ti+3sXzUqx0YxqfQ5q=_P_tVYgA@mail.gmail.com> <5267303.ZErKGfsyxT@tp>
On 28 May 2018 at 16:09, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov <zsh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think Zsh doesn't support truecolor internally.
> Doesn't that: https://i.imgur.com/FDFf8jn.png mean it does?
It's rather a user-end use of true color escape codes, than Zshell's
automatic coloring via region_highlight or complist module.
>> The color names or numbers are used in region_highlight array in strings
>> like "fg=110,bold" and here there is no way to specify 24 bit color value.
> Yup, that's what I talk about: it would be nice to have an ability to specify
> them. Although, I even agree on some shell env file with [magic] definitions
> instead of ini to make it work at least in my dotfiles.
The ini is my own invention for fast-syntax-highlighting, directly it
has nothing to do with Zshell's region_highlight.
True color is a great thing, I hope someone will start recognition if
it's possible with Zshell.
> Yup, there was some problem about truecolor in ncurses, but since 6.0.20180121
> (or, probably, a bit earlier, since I use that in neovim-under-tmux for a long
> time already) it does support truecolor through terminfo's `Tc` (AFAIRC)
That's great news, I hoped that hacking is limitless and a way around
color pair numbers and definitions will be found. Do you know how was
ncurses API adapted for this true-color support?
Messages sorted by: