Re: find duplicate files

Why wouldn't simple find work for this purpose ?
This example can do what you need

|find -not -empty -type f -printf "%s\n" | sort -rn | uniq -d | xargs -I{} -n1 find -type f -size {}c -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum | sort | uniq -w32 --all-repeated=separate If you want something dedicated then look at *fdupes* utility |