Re: find duplicate files

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:30 AM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So then why do we need a new zsh based solution?

The most typical answer would be that you have a shell and the
standard utilities but not the ability or permission necessary to
install a new specialized utility.

Another answer is that it's an interesting algorithmic question and
demonstrates techniques that could be applied to other problems.

> particularly note what Peter said about files that are logically
> different but coincidentally the same.

Yes, if you run my sample script in an active zsh build tree it will
find a lot of those.