Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Zsh as default in Mac OS 15 / zsh "primer"?
- X-seq: zsh-users 23962
- From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: TJ Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Zsh as default in Mac OS 15 / zsh "primer"?
- Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 11:31:07 +0200
- Cc: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=fuuLFrVfXo7XBzW6xZ56Te/HsrVVlSXPfkHV3Q+8oCE=; b=f2hOS6ccNuUpSqUQusEOvz2CouIx2AZ4Ce8LN2LsGqYELQIV+aGeSda40qIz50kz8i GW3jnoXM+sSKngcQJS18zBbDiXrP5y81GUPqGaqx2UqvuwRWR3Jjzjrhoi2P5bekdpkp 9zGVLMZiAqqtpKdlYCkkObT+0fiXbUJbm2cAE1gg4tNLw98p1lVJZ0G8Z0USHjc5VJqh 3RebEPwm9DmYp/Jgx7/4YJ1sk3aKfIM7gH59tlHQTiQXdkB8Roh+WyiHO6RgelwhqYxQ APzPXAqmw1pd6sagWxrJpQpZTt8AeRHnPnt8xyoIFHBDCdTCKw8extQCyJH7xn1rhRCK M4HQ==
- In-reply-to: <CADjGqHsp9H6t9w2Uj_cBgfec5ujqbsrh2mZJSpYQgDRzhkxcYg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CADjGqHsp9H6t9w2Uj_cBgfec5ujqbsrh2mZJSpYQgDRzhkxcYg@mail.gmail.com>
Zsh language and its environment are more advanced and this allowed me to
create an advanced plugin manager for it, zplugin (
https://github.com/zdharma/zplugin). When I was thinking about creating
similar plugin manager for Bash, it seemed problematic and some features
(like turbo mode) would have to be absent. In effect, Zsh gains one more
advantage: plugin manager and the plugins microcosm.
pon., 3 cze 2019, 23:11 użytkownik TJ Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxxx> napisał:
> I've been told that zsh is the default shell in the new version of
> macOS "Catalina".
> Someone just asked me if I had a quick primer on why zsh is "better"
> than other shells.
> I've never really used others so I don't really know much about it, so
> I wasn't sure what to suggest other than Googling,
> TJ Luoma
> TJ @ MacStories
> Personal Website: luo.ma (aka RhymesWithDiploma.com)
> Twitter: @tjluoma
Messages sorted by: