Re: Complete value from list with colons

"Daniel Shahaf" wrote:
> Scott Frazer wrote on Sat, 24 Aug 2019 12:44 +00:00:
> > I would like to do completion from a list of values that have ':' in
> > them, something like:
> >
> > _values foo a::b c::d

> Backslashes:
>
> % _f() { _values desc 'foo\:\:FOO' 'bar\:\:BAR' }

Or don't use _values:

  _wanted foos expl foo compadd a::b c::d

Which particular feature of _values do you want? For lists, you can use
_sequence, e.g.:
  _wanted foos expl foo _sequence compadd - a::b c::d

and if you want descriptions, _describe might do the job but probably
still needs colons to be quoted. _values is usually not the best choice
when the list of matches are generated somehow.

Oliver