Re: slow startup of zsh (1x slower than bash)

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 10:45 PM Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What are you trying to optimize? If you care about the startup time of
> > your interactive shell, 12 ms vs 6.7 ms doesn't make a difference.
>
> It is not for interactive use of zsh/bash. I am making scripts using
> shells. 12 vs 6.7 ms that is 1x or 50% difference depending on which
> way you consider the ratio, which is a quite significant difference.

Perhaps you can change your code to spawn fewer zsh processes?

What does your code look like? I've seen plenty of code that spends
most of its CPU time on forking but I don't recall seeing anything
that calls `zsh -dfc` or the like in a tight loop.

Roman.