Is it worthwhile to use oh-my-zsh?

Hi,

I just have a vanilla ~/.zshrc. I'd like something essential things
like PS1 set to my pwd and hostname, etc. I saw people use things like
oh-my-zsh to make some fancy things like showing git branches, etc.,
if in a git repo. But if I remember it correctly, it could cause a
little sluggish that can be sensed.

So if I just want something essential, and not to want to feel any
sluggishness, I'd better just configure ~/.zshrc on my own without
using things like oh-my-zsh configured by others.

--
Regards,
Peng