Re: completion is over thinking things.

On 2019-09-28 10:13 a.m., Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 7:06 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
     $ ls inst.deb
     inst.deb

     $ apt-get install inst. [TAB]
     Completing package
     libapt-inst2.0
     libmono-system-configuration-install4.0-cil
     libmono-system-runtime-durableinstancing4.0-cil

How can I get completion to stop looking and finding files God knows
where and just expand filenames in the current directory?
This doesn't answer your question but `apt-get install inst.deb` won't
install ./inst.deb. Instead, it'll install all packages that partially
match regex `inst.deb`.
Yeah thanks, I remembered that just after posting.  But my issue remains,  I almost always want completion to stop trying to be clever and just give me local file completions.

and:

	Installing packages from local .deb files is not the task for apt-get.
	You should use `dpkg -i` instead.

Actually I know, but I just wanted to demonstrate the issue with completion and that showed the issue.